pages

Monday, October 1, 2012

Easy No Bake Chocolate Cheesecake

Cheesecake. Probably one of my most favorite desserts ever, yet I hate how long they take to bake. I am usually a "make everything from scratch" person, but this easy cheesecake is to die for. In all reality, it only has four ingredients. The fifth is completely up to you. The fifth ingredient could be chocolate for a chocolate cheesecake, lemon for a lemon cheesecake, some bourbon vanilla for a french vanilla cheesecake, oh you get the picture. You can customize it however you want.

Here is what you need

1 pie crust
2 packages of cream cheese
8 oz. cool whip
1 cup powdered sugar
1 cup of chocolate chips

Yep, that is it. So to start, melt the chocolate chips in a double boiler and let it cool.

While the chocolate is cooling, beat the cream cheese and powdered sugar together.

Then add in the chocolate..yum, and turn the mixer on low and mix until the chocolate is incorporated. Take the bowl off of the mixer and fold in the cool whip.


When you are done it will be smooth and it will be thick.

 Scoop it all into the pie crust and refrigerate. You can eat it as soon as you want.  It might not be the most beautiful thing in the world but it is delish.



4 comments:

  1. looks delish!! thanks for sharing! Plan on making it this weekend for a potluck.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh you are so welcome! I hope everyone enjoys it as much as my family did!

      Delete
  2. Just thought I'd let you know that this is one of my keeper recipes. I've made it several times. Also, I have a lot of diabetics in my family. I use splenda instead of the powdered sugar and I also use a half of jar of the real, no sugar added Smuckers blueberry jam and turn it into a wonderful no-sugar blueberry cheesecake. Thanks so much. I've shared it with several people as well. Everyone loves!

    ReplyDelete