pages

Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Ranch Dressing, the healthy way

I have to admit, one of my go to snacks are baby carrots and ranch dressing. Ranch dressing is my crack. I could put it on anything and everything. The only down side, its so unhealthy. Do not even get me started on reduced fat or fat free ranch, that in itself should be a crime.

Over the last 2 years, my New Years Resolutions have been to instill good eating habits in my family and stop cooking from boxes or cans. Well there are some things that I still use in cans, like veggies and tomatoes, but now about 95% of all the food we eat I make from scratch. Yes its hard, but is there really a price you can put on your kids health?

Now let me get off of my soap box and tell you about my wonderful discovery. You can make Ranch dressing at home, 3 ingredients. Do you see a trend in my recipes? I like good food that can be made fast and with few ingredients. Here is the best part, the WHOLE jar of dressing is only 255 calories, 1.75 grams of fat, 42g carbohydrates and 34g protein. Meaning you can indulge in a few more carrots and not feel guilty about it!



Homemade Ranch Dressing


1 cup Plain non-fat Greek Yogurt

1 packet of Hidden Valley Ranch dressing....NOT the dip mix.
1/2 cup of milk, I used 1%
a jar to put your dressing in 

Whisk together the 3 ingredients in a bowl. Pour into your jar and let refrigerate for at least an hour until you use it. Make sure before you use your dressing give it a little shake. 



No comments:

Post a Comment