pages

Thursday, December 20, 2012

Up-cycle your Christmas cards

I don't know about you, but I am a Christmas card hoarder. I can't help it. All the cute pictures of my friends kids or puppies are just too darn cute to throw away. Maybe I need to look into a way to keep them displayed without them taking up my kitchen counters in June.

For the cards that don't have your wonderful friends and families faces on them, I do have a way to "up-cycle" them. While I was cleaning out my Christmas boxes this year, trying to find where I stashed everything so frantically last year, I accidentally left all of my gift tags on my outside table. Of course that night we had a torrential downpour and ruined them all. My luck!

I figured there had to be a way that I could make them, instead of running back out with the crazy Christmas shoppers on the weekend. I went fumbling through my scrapbook stuff and it hit me, LIGHTBULB! Why not use my pretty Christmas cards and turn them into chic gift tags.

Go grab those cards and your handy Cricut, scissors or craft punch. Cut each card into whatever shape you would like.


Attach your tags to your gifts with ribbon or yarn. Don't forget to save your 2012 cards!



No comments:

Post a Comment