pages

Monday, January 28, 2013

Recreate: Almond Joy Lattes

A couple weekends ago I went out for an afternoon with a friend and our journey started at one of our favorite coffee hangouts, Port City Java. 

Ever since I have been introduced to Port City, it has quickly risen to the top of my list for coffee go-to's and has far surpassed my love for Starbucks, gasp! But Starbucks will always have my heart when it comes to pumpkin spice and eggnog lattes...no one does those like Starbucks.

Normally, I am just a large coffee, cream and sugar girl but my friend told me I had to try a drink called the Almond Joy. Oh yum. Let me tell you, one of the best lattes I have ever had. The downside, they are almost $5 a pop. That didn't stop me though. For almost a week, I stopped by and got one. I loved them so much I even instagrammed them, another one of my guilty pleasures.




Once I realized I had spent over $30 on these, I knew I had to find another way to fulfill this craving. So I started experimenting and came up with one of the best knock-offs I have ever created. 

Here is what you need:

  • 1/4 oz almond syrup
  • 1/4 oz chocolate syrup
  • 1/4 oz coconut syrup
  • Espresso (as little or as much as you want)
  • milk
  • whipped cream


Measure out the 3 different syrups and pour into your mug.
Add espresso.
Fill the mug the rest of the way with warm, steamy milk...leaving room for whipped cream.

1 comment: