pages

Friday, February 8, 2013

Valentine Heart Rice Krispies

My husband will be gone for yet another holiday. With the boys and I at home, I always try to find something fun to do with them for the smaller holidays. Yesterday we made 'Valentines' Rice Krispie treats. I actually let them get in there and do it all!

Of course the chaos in the kitchen with a 6 year old and 3 year old could drive you bonkers, but watching how much fun they were having was well worth the sticky, buttery kitchen in the end. 

This is nothing fancy, no frills, just plain old rice krispies with a little pizzazz.

The end result will be a yummy batch of goodies and the big smiles on your children's faces!

Here is what you will need: 

3 tbsp of butter
1 bag of mini marshmallows
6 cups of Rice Krispie cereal
red food coloring




Melt your butter in a large pan.


Add your marshmallows...I know I stated mini marshmallows but all I had on hand were the big ones.


Grab your little helper and stir, stir, stir.


Let the marshmallows begin to melt.


Add in some red food coloring. Add as much or as little as you want.


Here is your yummy pink melted marshmallows! Add in your cereal and mix it all together.


Now my oldest made this one for me, it really made my day. He told me to save it for Valentine's Day.....yea, it didn't last an hour!



Place the cereal and marshmallow mix into a well buttered pan. Cut into any shape you want to. My boys decided to just cut them into rectangles.

No comments:

Post a Comment